Activities for Young People
There are various weekly events for young people at the Powerhouse including healthy eating and cooking sessions, arts, crafts and games, sports, and music studio access. Contact us direct for more details.
- Monday: Hideaway 6pm – 9pm (ages 13-19 years) Find out more about Hideaway here.
- Tuesday: Power to Youth Junior Session, 4pm – 6pm (ages 8-12 years). Senior Session, 6pm – 9pm (ages 13-18 years). Plus, football provided by Lifeline and and the Moss Side Fashion Project, a Heritage project looking at fashion from the 1950’s to the present day.
- Wednesday: Hideaway 6pm – 9pm (ages 13-19 years)
- Friday: Trinity House 6pm – 9pm (ages 13-19 years) Find out more about Trinity House here.
- Tiny tots & toddler time. Parents and toddlers! Join us for weekly story and song sessions, Tuesdays, 11.15 – 11.45am (term-time only)
- Whether you’re writing your first CV or tweaking your existing one come and get some help at a free CV and online job search drop-in sessions every Thursday 11am – 1pm. Call Steve on 0161 227 3758 for more information.
- Knitting together – get those needles clicking and wool flying through your fingers! Turn up and join in. Warm welcome to all. From beginners to experienced!. Wednesdays 11am – 1pm.
- Valuing older people over 60’s group – Join the Moss Side Power House Power Rangers every Tuesday 11am – 1pm.
- Home work club. Tuesday 4 – 6pm (term time only)
- IT Lessons for people with Dyslexia. Wednesday 11am – 1pm. Contact the library for more information.
- For more information on what’s happening at the library call 0161 227 3758.
- Bike Polo: Thursday 7pm – 10pm. Find out more about Bike Polo here.
- Flava Netball: Thursday 7pm – 9pm
- Healthy Body Healthy Mind Fitness Class: Saturday 12.30pm – 2pm, all ages. £3 admission. Find out more about HBHM here.
- Powerchair Football: Thursday 5pm – 7pm
- Power in the Mixed Netball: Sunday 7pm – 9pm
- Children and Parent Services (CAPS) for 2-5 years (0161 227 9960)
- Connexions Careers Advice for 13-19 years – Monday to Wednesday 1pm – 4pm & Fri 10am – 4pm (0161 226 8609)
- Emerge Mental Health for 16-17 years (0161 226 7457)
- 7th Day Adventist: Saturday 9am – 5pm.
- Vinelife: Sunday 10am – 1pm. Find out more about Vinelife here.